Problem retrieving data from Twitter
PCHHC Vision: All women and men of reproductive age will achieve optimal health and wellness, fostering a healthy life course for them and any children they may have.
The five workgroups within PCHHC are working to:
- Improve the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of men and women related to preconception health
- All pregnancies are intended and planned
- Build health equity and eliminate disparities in birth outcomes
- Ensure that all women and men of reproductive age receive quality services that enable them to achieve high levels of wellness, minimize risks and enter any pregnancy they might have in optimal health
- Reduce risks among women who have had a prior adverse maternal, fetal or infant outcome through interventions during the postpartum / interconception period
PCHHC is coordinated by the Center for Maternal and Infant Health is housed within the School of Medicine at UNC at Chapel Hill with a mission to optimize the health and wellbeing of women and infants by advancing collaborative models of care that span the reproductive continuum. As part of their mission UNC CMIH faculty provide leadership at a state, regional and national level across a variety of initiatives including maternal safety, breastfeeding, perinatal regionalization, recurring preterm birth prevention, postpartum wellness and health equity.
Before, Between and Beyond Pregnancy is designed to be a “one stop” resource for clinicians and others who want to learn more about preconception health, its history, the evidence supporting it and strategies for incorporating relevant content into daily clinical practice. It includes CME opportunities, quick access to key articles, clinical guidance, and news of special interest to providers. Before, Between and Beyond was created as a key component of the National Preconception Health and Healthcare Initiative (PCHHC).For more information about Before & Beyond, visit: http://beforeandbeyond.org.
Show Your Love is a national campaign designed to promote wellbeing and support young women and men strive to achieve their goals and make healthy lifestyle choices today.In 2013, the Consumer Workgroup of the PCHHC launched Show Your Love (SYL), a national campaign designed to improve the health of young men and women to promote optimal preconception health and reproductive life planning. Since then, the campaign has expanded and diversified to better help young adults find resources to lead healthy lifestyles and achieve their goals.Show Your Love is a new consumer resource center and consumer social media campaign that encourages women and men to show love to themselves, their partners, their friends, and future children by taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle and wellbeing.