Health Information Services provides data sets through the Perinatal Research Service Center (PRSC). The rate for those services is $140 per hour for OB/GYN UNC SOM, $150 per hour for UNC Departments, and $160/hour for outside of UNC entities.
How to request Perinatal Information for your project/study?
1. Submit a CDW-H Project Data Request in the NC-TraCS website (https://tracs.unc.edu/index.php/services/informatics-and-data-science/cdw-h) – please make sure that you request “Randall Blanco” as the Data Analyst.
2. Download the Data Request Form for your project/study.
3. Complete the Data Request Form.
4. Send an email, with the completed form, to the Health Information DirectorTO: Randall Blanco (email@example.com)
SUBJECT: New Perinatal Information Request
** Please attach completed Data Request Form**
To download the Perinatal Data Request Form for your project/study use this link: PDRF
Note: Please ensure that your project/study has IRB approval: UNC IRB
The perinatal integrated data sets are sourced primarily from Epic@UNC perinatal data that is integrated with non-Epic data sets (ex: GIS, ACOG categorizations, perinatal tables for metric derivation, SDOH) and organized in different perinatal domains.
The integrated data sets are created with a structured and systematic methodology that provides data lineage, and integrated data sources from different domains can be linked to provide a longitudinal view of perinatal patients.
Currently we have a complete integrated data set for Deliveries, and our plan is to develop other perinatal domains that include prenatal, postpartum, lactation, NICU, ICU, diabetes, and hypertension.
2. Legacy data
Clinical information of over 50,000 deliveries at the UNC Women’s Hospital were captured in the UNC Hospital Perinatal Database from 1996-2017. This data covers:
- Maternal medical and obstetric history
- Labor, delivery and complications
Data use agreement can be downloaded here.