The Center for Maternal and Infant Health advances patient care through several avenues, including:
- Care coordination of prenatal patients with high risk fetal conditions;
- Care coordination of infants with multiple medical conditions through our Special Infant Care Clinic;
- Care coordination of fetal surgery; and
- Care coordination for Perinatal Palliative Care.
New prenatal referrals due to fetal condition may referred to UNC for care during pregnancy by directly contacting Lisa Welborn, LCSW at 984-974-9017 or Lisa.Welborn@unchealth.unc.edu and faxing the medical records to 984-974-9027.
New prenatal referrals for fetal spina bifida or for any questions related to fetal surgery for spina bifida, please contact Maya Lindley, LCSW at 984-974-9019 or Maya.Lindley@unchealth.unc.edu. You may fax any related records to 984-974-9027.
Referral of infants with complex medical needs for care coordination and also for referrals to our Special Infant Care Clinic for developmental follow-up, please contact Lori Carter at 984-974-2447 or Lori.Carter@unchealth.unc.edu. You may fax medical records to 984-974-2467.
In your fax, please include:
- Reason for referral,
- Demographic and insurance information;
- Prenatal records and labs;
- Initial ultrasound report and most current ultrasound report; and
- Medical history
The initial visit consists of both an OB genetic counseling consult and Level II ultrasound, which includes Maternal Fetal Medicine consult. The patient is called directly to inform of appointment date & time (if unable to be reach after 3 attempts, then the appointment information is faxed to the requesting provider).