An expert team of maternal fetal medicine specialists, pediatric surgeons, neonatologists, and pediatric specialists have worked together for decades at UNC to provide high-quality and cutting-edge therapies to high-risk pregnant women and their babies. The Center provides comprehensive care to women, infants and their families from diagnosis through decisions and delivery. To learn more about our program, please click here to view our fetal care website.
CMIH coordinators provide specialized care management services to mothers and babies step by step as they go through their treatment journey.
Conditions We Care For
- Complicated Multi-Fetal Pregnancy
- Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation (CCAM) / bronchopulmonary sequestration (BPS)
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)
- Ex Utero-Intrapartum “EXIT” Procedure
- Gastroschisis / Omphalocele
- Lower Urinary Tract Obstructions (LUTO)
- Pleural Effusion
- Spina Bifida
- Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18
The UNC Fetal Care Program is member of The North American Fetal Therapy Network (NAFTNet). The primary goal of NAFTNet is to provide an umbrella organization to assist the various medical centers that practice fetal medicine, promote cooperation between these centers and foster research in the field of fetal therapy.