RT @healthyteen Bc every young person has the right to live their authentic sexuality, & that means making decisions about their own body & relationships--& feeling good doing it...#Thxbirthcontrol for being one way to help them have the freedom to become who they want to be. #HealthyTeen20 pic.twitter.com/pGgHnB3y1U
The CMIH is invested in promoting the health and wellness of women, not only in North Carolina but in our region. Founded in 2011 with support from the March of Dimes and W.K. Kellogg Foundation, the Every Woman Southeast Coalition is compromised of women from TN, SC, NC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA and KY with a focus on…
- Creating a space for conversation across funding silos, formal positions, race, age, experience, geography, sector and sexual identity. Elevating this discourse to regional and national stages.
- Building the scaffolding (funding / technical assistance / training) to support innovation projects and approaches to improve women’s wellness and opportunities for good health.
- Exploring alternative ways of bringing the experiences, hopes and solutions of women in our region to a larger audience / community of practice.
- Providing the training and support required for leaders and influencers to have the skills and “key conversations” needed to change the way business is done.
- Connecting influencers and leaders with each other so they can learn, share, invent and act together.
- Building and sustaining an equity- and life-focused approach to women’s wellness.
EWSE has a monthly newsletter, blog, website and social media. Incubated by CMIH, this work continue to expand and grow. Check out their website for more information and join the team!
Preconception Peer Educator Fellowship Program Training – Fellows & Mentors Pictured Here